MAKITA 18V LXT® 9" Drywall Sander (Tool Only)
MAKITA 18V LXT® 9" Drywall Sander (Tool Only)
Makita® 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless Drywall Sander (XLS01ZX1) delivers increased efficiency and mobility for drywall finishers. The compact and lightweight design makes the XLS01 easier to use for extended periods of time. It delivers up to 35 minutes of run time on a single charge of an 18V 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). Users can match the speed to the application with a variable speed control dial (1,000 - 1,800 RPM), and Constant Speed Control automatically provides additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load for consistent performance. The XLS01ZX1 features a round brush design for efficient dust extraction and minimal leakage.
The large, highly flexible head is engineered for increased maneuverability across various wall orientations. The direct-drive BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The adjustable extension pipe collapses for sanding in confined spaces, such as closets, and extends up to 16-1/2” for reaching high walls and ceilings. The dust brush is removable for seamless flush-to-corner edge sanding.
For improved efficiency, it’s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology (AWS®). AWS utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS-equipped XLS01 is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT® system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion batteries. Makita® 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is a communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging, and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection.
- Direct drive Makita-built brushless motor positioned at the sanding head for increased sanding efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Round brush design delivers high efficiency dust extraction with minimal leakage
- Highly flexible head swivel allows for increased maneuverability across various wall orientations
- Adjustable extension pipe collapses for sanding in confined spaces and extends up to 16-1/2" for reaching high walls and ceilings
- Variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (1,000-1,800) to match the speed to the application
- Delivers up to 35 minutes of run-time, using 120 grit abrasive discs with one 18V LXT® 5.0Ah Battery (battery not included)
- Constant Speed Control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS® capable with Auto-start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Overload sensor is designed to alert when excessive load is applied and protect from damage due to overheating
- Compact and lightweight design; weighs only 10.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- Large two-finger power trigger switch with lock-on for continuous operation
- Two position rubberized soft grip handles provide increased comfort and easier maneuverability of sander
- Includes replaceable 8-hole Hook & Loop Soft Sanding Backing Pad (part no. 199939-3); optional medium and hard density pads available for various surface types
- Optional Extension Handle (part no. 199937-7) allows an additional 22-3/4" longer reach for high walls and ceilings
- Quiet operating sound level of 75 dB(A)
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Includes large carrying tool bag and tray for easy storage and transportation
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers